IL $4.6M Asbestos Verdict For Welding Rod Exposureshoke2013
McLean County, Illinois, Mesothelioma
After a two week trial, on October 21, 2016, a unanimous McLean County, Illinois jury found Hobart Brothers Co. liable for a plaintiff’s mesothelioma allegedly caused by exposure to asbestos while working for Portable Elevator Company fifty years ago. According to reports, the plaintiff alleged that Hobart Brothers had knowledge of the hazards of asbestos and negligently failed to warn of the hazards of the asbestos in the flux of its welding stick electrodes. The plaintiff was awarded $4,600,000. The plaintiff was represented by Wylder Corwin Kelly. McKinney v. Honeywell, No. 2012L0000027 (Ill. Cir. Ct., McLean County).
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.