Publications & Speaking Engagements
- “Private Equity Interest in ‘Purchasing’ Legacy Liabilities is Growing,” Stephen Hoke and Jim Dorion, Advisen Front Page News, April 13, 2020.
- Steve Hoke spoke on “Insurance Claims Process – Emotional Intelligence” at Hyatt Corp., December 10, 2019.
- “Private Equity Wants To Buy Your Asbestos Liabilities,” Stephen Hoke, Law360 and Products Liability360, October 31, 2019.
- Steve Hoke spoke on, “Do Science and Facts Matter Anymore? Runaway Verdicts and Junk Science” at 2019 RIMS Chicagoland Risk Forum, September 23, 2019.
- Steve Hoke spoke on, “The Future of Mass-Tort Long-Tail Litigation” at 2018 RIMS Chicagoland Risk Forum, November 13, 2018.
- Steve Hoke spoke on “Talc – the Next Asbestos? Analyzing the Recent Explosion of Talc Related Claims” at the ACI Toxic Tort and Environmental Litigation Conference, June 22, 2017, Chicago, Illinois.
- Steve Hoke spoke on “Is Talc the New Asbestos? Will the History of Asbestos and Silica Impact the Answer to that Question?” at the ABA Annual Insurance Coverage Litigation Committee Seminar, March 2, 2017, Tucson, Arizona.
- “The Two Very Different Types of Cosmetic Talc Claims,” Stephen Hoke, Law360 and ProductsLiability360, December 9, 2016.
- Steve Hoke Chairs the first-ever “Talc Insurance Coverage” Webinar for Perrin Conferences on July 20, 2016.
- Steve spoke on “Insurance Coverage Issues: Loss Portfolio Transfers, Retroactive Reinsurance, Legacy Liabilities, Long Tail Losses, Trigger, Allocation, Successor Rights After Mergers, and More” at the ACI Asbestos Claims and Litigation Conference in Chicago on June 28, 2016.
- “Insurance Coverage Implications of the J & J Talc Verdicts,” Steve Hoke, Law360 and ProductLiability360, May 6, 2016.
- Steve Hoke Co-Chairs the 2015 ACI Insurance Allocation Conference in Chicago with Scott Seaman June 25-26, 2015 at Insurance Allocation: Expert Strategies For and Key Insights into the Most Challenging Allocation Issues Facing Policyholders, Insurers, and Reinsurers.
- Steve spoke on “Relationship Between Allocation and Trigger, With a Focus on Asbestos, Environmental, and Other Long-Tail Claims” on June 25, 2015.Steve spoke on “Insurance Coverage Issues: Bankrupt, Dissolved, or Defunct Entities, Issues Involving Joint Insurers, Establishing When Coverage is Triggered, and Nuances Related to Exclusions and CUMIS Counsel” at ACI Asbestos Claims and Litigation Conference in Chicago on June 24, 2015.
- Steve spoke on “Insurance Coverage Issues: Pursuing Claims Against Bankrupt, Dissolved, or Defunct Entities; Issues Involving Joint Insurers and Non-Settling Insurers; Trigger, Exhaustion and Allocation Nuances; Assignment of Policies and Proceeds” at ACI 2015 Asbestos Claims & Litigation Conferences in Philadelphia on January 16, 2015.
- Steve Hoke Chairs with Bryan Feldscher the ACI First-Ever Allocation (only) Conference in NYC in October 29-30, 2014. Steve spoke on “A Focus on Allocation of Toxic Tort, Asbestos and Other Long-Tail Claims” at ACI’s National Forum on Insurance Allocation on October 29, 2014.
- “Top News: Prevailed in Landmark Trial Against 30 Major Insurers: Policyholder Scores in Asbestos Coverage Row of 30 Insurers” HokeLLC, principal counsel.
- Steve spoke on “Policyholder/defense perspective on insurance issues impacting the litigation and how to get past them while maintaining ethical standards” at the Perrin Asbestos Litigation Conference: A National Overview & Outlook in San Francisco on September 16, 2013.
- Steve spoke on “In the Trenches: How to Manage Liabilities Once They Hit” at the Perrin conference on Emerging Insurance Coverage & Allocation Issues on May 14, 2013 in Philadelphia.
Hoke LLC welcomes Robert Muriel (Partner) and Amalia Rioja (of Counsel).
- Hoke LLC Case Named Top Insurance Decision in U.S. in 2019 by Law360, Law.com, P&C 360 and RM Magazine
- “Private Equity Wants to Buy Your Asbestos Liability” Steve Hoke Article in Law 360
- Hoke LLC in the Media: Law 360, Business Insurance, Bloomberg, JD Supra
- Recovery of $1.8B for Asbestos and Pollution Policyholders
- Overcame Business Interruption Denial for Food Industry Client Securing Full Coverage
- Stephen Hoke Super Lawyer for 14th Consecutive Year and a 2020 Best Lawyer in America