“Steve immediately understands the pressure points of an insurance dispute and, unlike many, he knows which levers to push and when.”
– James Dorion, Managing Director, Global Casualty Claims, Marsh Inc.
“I used Steve at two companies for asbestos work. I found his breadth and depth of knowledge in this area to be unmatched in the industry. His ability to work cooperatively with insurers, claims and my internal customers allowed us to have a very successful outcome.”
– Claudia Temple, Former Risk Manager at Mondolez, Kraft, BorgWarner and Brunswick
“Steve is the most effective policyholder lawyer I have encountered in my 25 years representing insurers.”
– Patrick Shine, General Counsel, Ameriprise Insurance
“While at (former client), I had the opportunity to work with Steve on several mass tort management projects. Services included: acquisition due diligence (including valuation impact models), strategic utilization of insurance assets, defense counsel service strategy and claim presentation / recovery processes. Steve is highly creative, provides valuable and timely advice.”
– Scott Towne, Director of Risk Management, Liberty Diversified, International.
“Steve won the most important case in our company’s history after seven large firms said it was unwinnable. His uncanny ability to quickly and correctly assess complex situations is extraordinary.”
– Rich Berg, CEO, Performance Trust Capital Partners
“Jake is that rare lawyer who is able to manage the logistics of a massive discovery project, and quite as ably deal with the finer points of a legal brief. He is a sophisticated problem solver and courtroom strategist, and never loses his cool. He is a true business partner, an impressive lawyer, and even better person.”
– Jeffrey Brohel, General Counsel, Vanderbilt Minerals, LLC.
“Steve is not only very knowledgeable about coverage, but also how it impacts other business units. He is diligent, hard-working and extremely responsive.”
– P.M., Former asbestos litigation head for Fortune 500, top 10 defendant
- Hoke LLC Case Named One of the Five “Biggest Insurance Rulings of 2017” in the U.S.
- Secured Full Defense of IP/Trade Secret Claim Despite Previous Denial
- Recent Publications: Hoke on Talc, and Mihm on “All Sums”
- Recovery of $1.4B for Asbestos Defendants
- Stephen Hoke Named Super Lawyer for 11th Consecutive Year
- 100% Umbrella Recovery Despite Denial Just Weeks Earlier