Corporate Successor Liability
Given the sensitive nature of the counsel we provide, we are discreet and keep our efforts low-profile.
We are a market leader in analyzing corporate successor liability issues and crafting creative options and strategies to limit long-tail liabilities. It is increasingly common for a large company to have difficult issues with respect to its ability, or that of its former parent or subsidiary, to access historical insurance coverage. We have been successfully providing counsel in this technical area our entire careers.
We also have extensive experience analyzing the impact of the possible purchase, sale or merger of a company’s assets and liabilities and how to best identify and maximize historical insurance coverage.
We have counseled many companies with respect to reorganization of their corporate structure and its impact on their long-tail and other liabilities as well as their ability to access historical insurance. This is a difficult and technical area that demands the hands-on experience. Given our clients’ prominence and the sensitive nature of the issues on which we provide counsel, we strive to be discreet and keep our efforts low-profile.
- Steve Hoke Law360 Expert Analysis: “Tackling Long-Tail Liability Risk: A Defendant’s Toolkit”
- Hoke LLC Established Connecticut Insurance Allocation Law in Vanderbilt Talc/Asbestos Coverage Action
- Steve Hoke To Speak on “Chronic Legacy Liabilities” at Perrin Insurance Coverage and Allocation Conference
- Hoke LLC Represents Clients Pursuing Legacy Liability Dissolution and Revival of Dissolved Asbestos Defendants
- Charlie Philbrick Obtains $1.5M Summary Judgment
- Hoke LLC Prevails in Actual Cash Value Dispute Class Action
- Rob Muriel Appointed to United Policyholders Board of Directors
- Amalia Rioja Confirmed as Chair of the Ethics Commission of the State of Illinois
- Conduct RFP and Implement Web-Based System for 60,000 Insurance Claims
- Hoke LLC in the Media: Law 360, Business Insurance, Bloomberg, JD Supra
“Steve is highly creative, provides valuable and timely advice.”