Corporate Successor Liability
Given the sensitive nature of the counsel we provide, we are discreet and keep our efforts low-profile.
We are a market leader in analyzing corporate successor liability issues and crafting creative options and strategies to limit long-tail liabilities. It is increasingly common for a large company to have difficult issues with respect to its ability, or that of its former parent or subsidiary, to access historical insurance coverage. We have been successfully providing counsel in this technical area our entire careers.
We also have extensive experience analyzing the impact of the possible purchase, sale or merger of company’s assets and liabilities on the buyer, and how to best identify and maximize historical insurance coverage.
We have counseled many companies with respect to reorganization of their corporate structure and its impact on their long-tail and other liabilities as well as their ability to access historical insurance. This is a difficult and technical area that demands the hands-on experience that we can and have provided. Given our clients’ prominence and the sensitive nature of the issues on which we provide counsel, we strive to be discreet and keep our efforts low-profile.
Hoke LLC welcomes Robert Muriel (Partner) and Amalia Rioja (Partner).
- Hoke LLC Case Named Top Insurance Decision in U.S. in 2019 by Law360, Law.com, P&C 360 and RM Magazine
- “Private Equity Wants to Buy Your Asbestos Liability” Steve Hoke Article in Law 360
- Hoke LLC in the Media: Law 360, Business Insurance, Bloomberg, JD Supra
- Recovery of $1.8B for Asbestos and Pollution Policyholders
- Overcame Business Interruption Denial for Food Industry Client Securing Full Coverage
- Stephen Hoke Super Lawyer for 14th Consecutive Year and a 2020 Best Lawyer in America
“Steve is highly creative, provides valuable and timely advice.”