Corporate Successor Liability
Given the sensitive nature of the counsel we provide, we are discreet and keep our efforts low-profile.
We are a market leader in analyzing corporate successor liability issues and crafting creative options and strategies to limit long-tail liabilities. It is increasingly common for a large company to have difficult issues with respect to its ability, or that of its former parent or subsidiary, to access historical insurance coverage. We have been successfully providing counsel in this technical area our entire careers.
We also have extensive experience analyzing the impact of the possible purchase, sale or merger of company’s assets and liabilities on the buyer, and how to best identify and maximize historical insurance coverage.
We have counseled many companies with respect to reorganization of their corporate structure and its impact on their long-tail and other liabilities as well as their ability to access historical insurance. This is a difficult and technical area that demands the hands-on experience that we can and have provided. Given our clients’ prominence and the sensitive nature of the issues on which we provide counsel, we strive to be discreet and keep our efforts low-profile.
- Hoke LLC Case Listed by Law 360 as First of “Insurance Cases to Watch in 2019” Argued Before Connecticut Supreme Court
- Secured Full Defense From D & O Insurer For IP/Trade Secret Theft Claim Despite Previous Denial
- Secured D & O Settlement for Trust Firm within Six Months of Filing Complaint
- Successfully Obtained Coverage for Two High-Profile Class Actions
- Overcomes Fiduciary Liability ERISA Claim Denial Securing Settlement within Month
- Recovery of $1.7B for Asbestos Defendants
- Stephen Hoke Named Super Lawyer for 13th Consecutive Year
“Steve is highly creative, provides valuable and timely advice.”