Insolvent Insurers Recovery
Hoke LLC has recovered more from insolvent insurers than any of its legal competition, and, at the lowest cost.
The old axiom that there is no such thing as “free money” may be generally true, but recovery of long-forgotten insurance assets is the next best thing. Most of our clients have at least some historical coverage that still has value issued by insurers that are now insolvent in the U.S. or the U.K. Collection on these policies rarely requires litigation and we settle most of these cases with minimal transaction costs.
In addition to our domestic insurance insolvency recoveries, we have deep knowledge and experience presenting Lloyds and U.K. Scheme of Arrangement claims. When appropriate, we have well-developed relationships with policy archaeologists to assist in locating these valuable assets.
We represented the policyholder with the largest successful recovery in the Integrity Insurance insolvency in New Jersey that lasted 25 years (recovering in excess of $53M), despite only being hired by our client after the Bar Date (we sought a hardship waiver and prevailed) and a year from closure. We also represented the policyholder with the fourth largest recovery in the Integrity insolvency ($12M). We also successfully represented one of the largest creditors in the pending Home Insurance insolvency in New Hampshire (well in excess of $10M). In addition, we have a long history of successful multi-million dollar recoveries from London Company Schemes of Arrangement. In one such representation, we recovered 180% of the available limits by making a novel “cost-in-addition” to limits argument.
We are willing to evaluate, investigate and present these claims on a full contingency basis.
- Hoke LLC Case Listed by Law 360 as First of “Insurance Cases to Watch in 2019” Argued Before Connecticut Supreme Court
- Secured Full Defense From D & O Insurer For IP/Trade Secret Theft Claim Despite Previous Denial
- Secured D & O Settlement for Trust Firm within Six Months of Filing Complaint
- Successfully Obtained Coverage for Two High-Profile Class Actions
- Overcomes Fiduciary Liability ERISA Claim Denial Securing Settlement within Month
- Recovery of $1.7B for Asbestos Defendants
- Stephen Hoke Named Super Lawyer for 13th Consecutive Year