“Long-Tail” Insurance Recovery: Asbestos, Pollution and Talc
Our reputation allows us to accept a limited number of cases at any given time – those in which we can add maximum value.
Hoke LLC has successfully represented corporations throughout the U.S. in all aspects of “long-tail” insurance matters including coverage litigation, corporate successor analysis, special bankruptcy counsel, insolvent insurer recovery and all aspects of claim analysis and presentment.
Our attorneys have represented many major manufacturing, mining and chemical corporations and a large municipal corporation in insurance coverage litigation regarding a wide array of asbestos, talc, environmental and mass tort matters. We have ensured recovery of over $1.4B for asbestos defendants alone.
We successfully represented the policyholder at trial in the largest talc coverage action ever tried in the U.S. and are representing it on appeal. We also obtained the highest policyholder recovery from the 25-year Integrity Insurance in Liquidation litigation for an asbestos defendant (app. $53M) as well as the fourth highest recovery for another client for asbestos and other products liability including welding rods.
We are willing to share and limit our client’s risk through alternative fee arrangements and contingencies if that is what they prefer.
Explore Asbestos, Talc, & Environmental Insurance Recovery:
- Hoke LLC Case Named Top Insurance Decision in U.S. in 2019 by Law360, Law.com, P&C 360 and RM Magazine
- “Private Equity Wants to Buy Your Asbestos Liability” Steve Hoke Article in Law 360
- Hoke LLC in the Media: Law 360, Business Insurance, Bloomberg, JD Supra
- Recovery of $1.8B for Asbestos and Pollution Policyholders
- Overcame Business Interruption Denial for Food Industry Client Securing Full Coverage
- Stephen Hoke Super Lawyer for 14th Consecutive Year and a 2020 Best Lawyer in America
- Secured Full Defense From D & O Insurer For IP/Trade Secret Theft Claim Despite Previous Denial
- Successfully Obtained Coverage for Two High-Profile Class Actions
“I used Steve Hoke at two companies for asbestos work. I found his breadth and depth of knowledge in this area to be unmatched in the industry.“