“Long-Tail” Insurance Recovery: Asbestos, Pollution and Talc
Our reputation allows us to accept a limited number of cases at any given time – those in which we can add maximum value.
Hoke LLC has successfully represented corporations throughout the U.S. in all aspects of “long-tail” insurance matters including coverage litigation, corporate successor analysis, special bankruptcy counsel, insolvent insurer recovery and all aspects of claim analysis and presentment.
Our attorneys have represented many major manufacturing, mining and chemical corporations and a large municipal corporation in insurance coverage litigation regarding a wide array of asbestos, talc, environmental and mass tort matters. We have ensured recovery of over $1.4B for asbestos defendants alone.
We successfully represented the policyholder at trial in the largest talc coverage action ever tried in the U.S. and are representing it on appeal. We also obtained the highest policyholder recovery from the 25-year Integrity Insurance in Liquidation litigation for an asbestos defendant (app. $53M) as well as the fourth highest recovery for another client for asbestos and other products liability including welding rods.
We are willing to share and limit our client’s risk through alternative fee arrangements and contingencies if that is what they prefer.
Explore Asbestos, Talc, & Environmental Insurance Recovery:
- Hoke LLC Case Listed by Law 360 as First of “Insurance Cases to Watch in 2019” Argued Before Connecticut Supreme Court
- Secured Full Defense From D & O Insurer For IP/Trade Secret Theft Claim Despite Previous Denial
- Secured D & O Settlement for Trust Firm within Six Months of Filing Complaint
- Successfully Obtained Coverage for Two High-Profile Class Actions
- Overcomes Fiduciary Liability ERISA Claim Denial Securing Settlement within Month
- Recovery of $1.7B for Asbestos Defendants
- Stephen Hoke Named Super Lawyer for 13th Consecutive Year
“I used Steve Hoke at two companies for asbestos work. I found his breadth and depth of knowledge in this area to be unmatched in the industry.“