“Long-Tail” Insurance Recovery: Asbestos, Pollution and Talc
Our reputation allows us to accept a limited number of cases at any given time – those in which we can add maximum value.
Hoke LLC has successfully represented corporations throughout the U.S. in all aspects of “long-tail” insurance matters including coverage litigation, corporate successor analysis, special bankruptcy counsel, insolvent insurer recovery and all aspects of claim analysis and presentment.
Our attorneys have represented many major manufacturing, mining and chemical corporations and a large municipal corporation in insurance coverage litigation regarding a wide array of asbestos, talc, environmental and mass tort matters. We have ensured recovery of over $1.4B for asbestos defendants alone.
We successfully represented the policyholder at trial in the largest talc coverage action ever tried in the U.S. and are representing it on appeal. We also obtained the highest policyholder recovery from the 25-year Integrity Insurance in Liquidation litigation for an asbestos defendant (app. $53M) as well as the fourth highest recovery for another client for asbestos and other products liability including welding rods.
We are willing to share and limit our client’s risk through alternative fee arrangements and contingencies if that is what they prefer.
Explore Asbestos, Talc, & Environmental Insurance Recovery:
- Steve Hoke Law360 Expert Analysis: “Tackling Long-Tail Liability Risk: A Defendant’s Toolkit”
- Hoke LLC Established Connecticut Insurance Allocation Law in Vanderbilt Talc/Asbestos Coverage Action
- Steve Hoke Speaks on “Chronic Legacy Liabilities” at Perrin Insurance Coverage and Allocation Conference
- Hoke LLC Represents Clients Pursuing Legacy Liability Dissolution and Revival of Dissolved Asbestos Defendants
- Charlie Philbrick Obtains $1.5M Summary Judgment
- Hoke LLC Prevails in Actual Cash Value Dispute Class Action
- Rob Muriel Appointed to United Policyholders Board of Directors
- Amalia Rioja Confirmed as Chair of the Ethics Commission of the State of Illinois
- Conduct RFP and Implement Web-Based System for 60,000 Insurance Claims
- Hoke LLC in the Media: Law 360, Business Insurance, Bloomberg, JD Supra
“I used Steve Hoke at two companies for asbestos work. I found his breadth and depth of knowledge in this area to be unmatched in the industry.“