Charles Philbrick Joins Hoke LLC as Partner
“We couldn’t be more thrilled to have someone with Charlie’s experience and pedigree on the team.” Steve Hoke
Learn more about Charlie’s experience here: www.hokellc.com/professionals/charles-philbrick
Our Mission: Maximize Your Insurance Assets:
Hoke LLC is an insurance coverage boutique. We represent corporate policyholders in high-value disputes against their insurers. In addition to our financial and professional liability insurance services, we are nationally known for our work in long-tail insurance recovery. We are the national leader in talc/asbestos insurance matters after representing the largest industrial talc defendant in its successful Connecticut coverage action.
Our attorneys are former large-firm partners or associates. Our reputation allows us to accept a limited number of cases at any given time in which we can add value. Given the sensitive nature of the issues we litigate, we strive to be discreet. Because we feel strongly about each assignment we accept, we frequently seek to share in the risk with our clients through alternative fee arrangements. As an insurance boutique, we do not have the frequent conflicts of interest that can beset our big-firm competition.
- Rob Muriel to Participate in Chicago Bar Association Panel on The Need for More Diversity in Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Amalia Rioja Confirmed as Chair of the Ethics Commission of the State of Illinois
- Rob Muriel Moderates COVID Insurance Panel at Hispanic National Bar Assn. Convention
- Hoke LLC Case Named Top Insurance Decision in U.S. in 2019 by Law360, Law.com, P&C 360 and RM Magazine
- Conduct RFP and Implement Web-Based System for 60,000 Insurance Claims
- Artificial Information (“AI”) Production/Review of > 14M PP/Docs
- Hoke LLC in the Media: Law 360, Business Insurance, Bloomberg, JD Supra
Steve immediately understands the pressure points of an insurance dispute and, unlike many, he knows which levers to push and when.
I used Steve at two companies for asbestos work. I found his breadth and depth of knowledge in this area to be unmatched in the industry.
Steve is the most effective policyholder lawyer I have encountered in my 25 years representing insurers.
Steve won the most important case in our company’s history after seven large firms said was it unwinnable. His uncanny ability to quickly and correctly assess complex situations is extraordinary.