Hoke LLC Case Named One of the Five “Biggest Insurance Rulings of 2017” in the U.S.Kevin Meshek
Hoke LLC Case Named One of the Five “Biggest Insurance Rulings of 2017” in the U.S.
CHICAGO: A trial verdict obtained by Hoke LLC and successfully defended on appeal was named one of the five “Biggest Insurance Rulings of 2017” in the U.S by Law360. The prestigious acknowledgement for Hoke LLC can be found here. The firm obtained the decision on behalf of its mining company client. Hoke LLC tried the first two phases of the case in Connecticut State Court. The case was notable for the following reasons:
- the most complex civil case in CT history based on number of pleadings filed;
- resulted in the longest scheduled appellate hearing in Connecticut history – six hours;.
- produced the longest appellate court opinion in Connecticut history – 250 pages;
- involved 30 major insurance company defendants, and;
- establishes as matters of first impression policyholder-friendly Connecticut law governing critical complex insurance issues relating to long-tail mass tort claims like asbestos.
Hoke LLC is a Chicago-based boutique law firm that represents corporate and institutional policyholders in complex insurance coverage disputes throughout the U.S. and in the U.K. Its lawyers have dedicated their careers to insurance coverage, all having been partners or associates at major law firms. This focus and experience has produced notable results for its clients, including:
- Obtaining the highest and fourth-highest policyholder claim allowances from the thirty- year New Jersey Integrity Insurance Liquidation: $53M and $12M.
- Ensuring access to more than $1.4B in insurance coverage for asbestos, environmental and talc defendants via litigation and out-of-court settlements.
- Recovering tens of millions of awards from various U.K. insurance insolvencies for toxic tort and environmental liabilities.
- Successfully representing two of the largest talc suppliers in their efforts to secure coverage for underlying claims.
For more information about the decision, please contact Jake Mihm at 312-575-8590 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about Hoke LLC, the services it provides and its encouragement and flexibility regarding alternative fee arrangements, please contact Stephen Hoke at 312-575-8576 or email@example.com.