Hoke LLC Case Listed First by Law 360 of “Insurance Cases to Watch in 2019” in the United Statesshoke2013
CHICAGO: Hoke LLC represents the policyholder plaintiff in the lead case listed by prominent legal website Insurance Law 360 as Insurance Cases to Watch in 2019 in the United States. See Link. On behalf of Vanderbilt Minerals, LLC, Hoke LLC prevailed both at trial and on appeal on the major legal issues impacting the insurer defendants’ coverage obligations. The case will be considered by the Connecticut Supreme Court in 2019 and is expected to establish the law on many critical insurance issues that remain undecided in Connecticut and other states. Some of the noteworthy details are as follows:
- Most complex civil case in CT history – based on number of pleadings filed;
- Longest appellate hearing in CT history – six hours;
- Longest appellate court opinion in CT history – 161 pages;
- Underlying case tried over a two-year period;
- Involved 60 years of historical insurance coverage dating to 1948;
- Over 30 insurance company defendants (e.g., CNA, London, Travelers, Hartford); and
- Established as matters of first impression CT law governing critical complex insurance issues relating to asbestos, mass tort, and environmental issues.
Hoke LLC is a Chicago-based boutique law firm that represents corporate and institutional policyholders in complex insurance coverage disputes throughout the U.S. and in the U.K.
Copyright © 2019 Hoke Attorneys at Law LLC. All rights reserved. This email has been prepared by Hoke LLC. It is intended as informational and educational. To the extent applicable law, rules or regulations provide otherwise, it may be considered commercial advertising material. It is not intended to provide legal advice for a specific situation or to create an attorney-client relationship. View Disclaimer.